**Click HERE for a "Foundations" Study Overview**
1. ACT-style quiz over At Home reading
2. Lecture: Intro to the Neolithic Age
3. Complete Chart comparing Paleolithic and Neolithic eras
Homework: You will be having TWO things to do by Thursday:
- Complete summer reading vocabulary quiz in Schoology. There are flashcards on Quizlet to help you. You can take the quiz up to 5 times and I will take the highest score.
- You need to go over to AP World History Plus Art and read through the chapters in the Foundations section. This will give you a good overview of the unit plus introduce you to some art that might appear on the AP test. You can do one of two things:
b. Take notes on paper
(Hint: On that website there is a practice vocabulary quiz and a content quiz. It'll be a good idea to go through those quizzes to see how you do (nudge, nudge, hint, hint)
You will have a short reading quiz over this on Thursday in class. You will be able to use your notes or the webquest on the quiz.
Tuesday, August 26
1. Set up Google Drive and Chrome on iPad
2. Lecture: Mesopotamia and Egypt. Over these next two days, you will need to take notes on the civilizations. On Thursday, we will put it all together and complete some comparison charts.
Click here for a .pdf of the powerpoint lecture.
Wednesday, August 27
Lecture: India and China. Take notes.
Thursday, August 28
Wrap up lectures. Complete activity to pull examples from these civilizations for the characteristics of civilizations
Friday, August 29
1. Reading quiz over the "Foundations" sections of AP World History Plus Art. This quiz will be done in class and on paper.
2. Review for Foundations test by examining "change over time" with these civilizations.
Monday, September 1
NO SCHOOL! But.....
Tonight, I will be in the Chat room starting at about 8:30 if anyone wants to join in the study session. I will go over questions, concepts and give some hints and clues.
To log onto the chat, you will need to enter your name in the following format: "first.last" Your password is your ID number.
Tuesday, September 2
Test over Foundations.
You need to start reading the textbook. We are starting with Chapter 4, "Eurasian Empires." You need to take notes on the reading, as we will be having a reading quiz in class next Monday. You will be able to use your notes on the reading quiz. This reading is 55 pages long---so you will need to pace yourselves---about 7-8 pages a night if you are to do a little each night.